Pages

Sunday, 21 June 2015

Water, Water Everywhere!

Water Colour, that is!

Welcome to the June Use Your Stash blog hop! This month our theme is water colours, whether it is pencils or markers! As you make your way through this hop, please leave your comments as we all love to hear from you. All product used in this project is from Close to my Heart.

If you got here from Shirley's blog, you are on the right track, but if you get lost along the way, just head to Paige's blog where you will find the complete list of hoppers.

I love my watercolour pencils and the blending pen. I love my markers as well but find the pencils give so much more control over the blending. 

I made two cards this month - one using my ShinHan Touch Twin alcohol markers, and the same card using my watercolour pencils. The alcohol markers result in brighter colours, but I like the soft, muted look of the watercolour pencils too.

For the first card, I embossed the flowers from the Wavy Blooms stamp set (D1651) with silver embossing powder on White Daisy cardstock and then coloured them using the Marigold (YR24) and Golden Yellow (Y222) pens for the yellow flowers and the Tender Pink (RP198) and Cherry Pink (R5) for the pink flower. The leaves are coloured with the Sap Green (GY235) and Leaf Green (GY234) pens. The card base in both cases is New England Ivy cardstock.

Now here is the same idea stamped with Hollyhock and Honey Exclusive Inks and then coloured with Holiday Red, Sunflower, Honey, Citrus Leaf, and Clover Meadow watercolour pencils. I used my blending pen to blend the colours and then used 3D Foam Tape to pop two of the flowers up and give some added dimension.


Which look do you prefer?? Personally, I can't decide. I love them both!

The two sentiments are from the Operation Smile stamp set, Happy Everything (D1653). They are both stamped in Cocoa Exclusive Ink. I cut the paper longer so I could make them into banners, which i think adds just a little interest. The Silver Shimmer Trim (Z1799) adds just a bit of glitz too.



That's it for this month. If you have seen anything you would like to know more about, please let me know in the comments and I will get back to you! 

Thanks for taking in our hop this month! Next on the hop list is Nicole with some more beautiful artwork!. 



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love that you used two methods of coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wavy Blooms are the perfect flower stamps for your expert coloring. Thanks for showing two different ways of doing it. They both look really terrific!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! Thank you for showing us the two techniques. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I really like how you used the silver embossing!

    ReplyDelete