Pages

Sunday, 15 March 2015

Spring has Sprung

Welcome to our March Blog Hop featuring Easter Fun creations.  To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, please contact your local Close to my Heart independent consultant to place an order.

We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do. By leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Michelle at My Creations with Michelle. If you came from Terry Ann's blog at Just a Tad Crafty then you are in the right place!

When I saw the stamp set A Little Note (A1171) and it screamed Easter and Spring! I love daffodils and can't wait to see them in the store so I can buy bunches of them!

I first used my 2" X 2" block to create blocks of colour on the background White Daisy cardstock. I will list all of the colours at the end of this post. I made the blocks of colour overlap a bit as well. 
I stamped the image with VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed it with Gold embossing powder (Z2066) before colouring with our wonderful Shin Han Touch Twin markers. 
The little oval is cut using the CM oval cutter that I have had for years! It is handy when I only one or two ovals and don't want to dig out my Cricut. Happy Easter is from the Just to Say stamp set (D1629). It looked a little lost on the oval so I stamped the daffodils over top to add a little something. I then distressed the edge of the oval with Canary and Sweet Leaf inks to add dimension then popped it up with some foam tape.



That's it for me this time around! As promised, here is a list of the materials I used. If you would like any of these for your own, please contact your local Close to my Heart independent consultant.

List of materials:

  • White Daisy card base
  • Canary and White Daisy cardstock
  • D1629 - Just to Say... 
  • A1171 - A Little Note
  • Sweet Leaf, Flaxen, Canary, Sunflower and Black Exclusive Inks
  • Sparkles Assortment Clear


Shin Han Touch Twin markers:

  • Y222 Golden Yellow
  • Y49 Pastel Green
  • YR24 Marigold
  • GY235 Sap Green
  • GY234 Leaf Green


Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Kathy Skipper at It's a Girl Thing. If you get lost along the way, you can head back to Michelle's blog, http://mycreationswithmichelle.blogspot.ca, as she has the complete list of hoppers. 

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. We hope you will join us again next month when our theme is April Showers bring May Flowers.  So mark April 15th on your calendars and hop along with us.

9 comments:

  1. So Pretty!! I keep meaning to buy that little stamp set. You've given me one more reason to want it. Love the gold embossing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, the gold embossing totally makes this card. What a great idea. I love this stamp set but haven't used it yet -- you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you Embossed it in Gold, it really adds a little ump to the image. Great job, I love that stamp set too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW !!!! Love your embossing. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous with the gold embossing and colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice card love the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, I love your card! You did a great job with the embossing and the colouring. I can't wait to play with my stamp set. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete