Pages

Friday, 31 October 2014

Yuletide Carol HW Blog Hop

Hearts of the West Blog Hop

Here it is, the end of October already! Where has the year gone? Thanksgiving and Halloween are done and now we are gearing up for Christmas. To get us started, we are using the Yuletide Carol paper this month. This is a beautiful paper pack and was so much fun to work with. So let's get on with the hop!

If you got here from Anna's blog, you are on the right track! But because this is a circular hop, you can start anywhere! If you get lost along the way, just head on back to Nancy's blog where you will find the complete list of hoppers.

For the hop this month, I decided to do the Yuletide Carol Workshop on the Go layout. It is so pretty and I love the colours, except the black base pages. To me, black is a Halloween colour, not a Christmas colour so I changed the base pages to Ponderosa Pine! This did require a few other changes but I really like how it turned out!

The pages in the picture are the wrong way around, not that it matters. There is an ugly mark on the Kraft paper that is a defect in the paper itself and since I didn't have any more of it, I made do. It will be covered by a photo anyway. :-)

Because I used the Ponderosa Pine cardstock as the base, I had to turn the Green Damask over and use the side with the music. The piece beside the Kraft had to be moved up as it sort of blended in. I forgot to ink the edges of the papers and if I had, it might have shown up better. 


I did ink the edges of the journalling strips with New England Ivy so they would show up better. I used the direct ink-to-paper method so it would be really dark on the edge only. 


So that is it for this month! Stay tuned for December 1 when the hop will focus on the Snowhaven paper pack! Now, on to Holly's blog for some more beautiful Yuletide Carol artwork! 

If you would like more information about any of the products you see on the hop, please contact your local Close to my Heart consultant! 

7 comments:

  1. Very nice layout! Love the details of the tickets and the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little details on your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the finished project. It is really nice. Mine is cut out and needs me to get busy getting it put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also love the details!! I spend too much time making cards. Need to make more layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Janet - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete