Pages

Saturday, 21 June 2014

Zippidee-Do-Da! - June Use Your Stash Blog Hop

Zippidee-do-da, zippidee-ay! My oh my, what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine heading my way. Zippidee-do-da, zippidee-ay!

I love the zip strips that come on our gorgeous B&T papers! They are perfect for adding a little extra something to a layout or card, but I hate to use them up! So I have a ton of zip strips stashed away so it is time to bite the bullet and use them.

If you arrived here from Adeline's blog, then you are on the right track, but if you get lost along the way, just return to Adeline's page where you will find the complete list of hoppers! As you go, please leave comments as we love to get your feedback! So on with the artwork!

I needed a card for a wedding shower in May and this is what I came up with. The zip strips are from the Sonoma B&T paper - one of my favourites! I love the combination of the Smokey Plum, Olive and Cocoa, and the sentiments on the strips are so appropriate for a wedding or a bridal shower. The strips are all adhered to another piece of cardstock which is then adhered to the card base.

I added the strip of Silver Glimmer Trim because it really needed a bit of bling. The hearts are from the Dimensional Elements Hearts which is retired. I stamped the large heart with the square doily from one of the Artbooking stamp set in second generation , then stamped Love by masking the "ly" on the Lovely.

The two small hearts were distressed with Smokey Plum ink and the top one is popped up with some foam tape. Last, I wanted to add a couple of the Sparkles Gems on the small hearts.

The image on the inside is from the Banner Wishes (B1438) stamp set and stamped in Cocoa.

That's my contribution for this month. Next on the hop is Wendy's blog, so please hop on over for some more beautiful artwork!

If you would like more information about any of the items used in the projects on this hop, please contact your local Close to my Heart consultant.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love your use of the zip strips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding the Shimmer Trim is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the zip strips. At first I thought it was a solid piece of paper until I looked closer. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those zip-strips!

    ReplyDelete