Pages

Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Flowers in May - Use Your Stash Blog Hop

April showers bring May flowers!

It's May and our thoughts are turning to the warmer days of summer. In central Alberta, there aren't too many flowers blooming yet, but by the end of the month, there should be quite a few! Since it will be a while before we see any of the real thing outside, we are adding flowers to our artwork this month!

If you got here from Wendy's blog, you are on the right path, but if you get lost along the way, just return to Katy's blog for the complete list of hoppers. As you go, please take a minute to leave comments as we all love to get your feedback. So let's get hopping!

I love flowers! The colours, the fragrance, the butterflies and bees that flit and flutter over them. Here in central Alberta, it is too cool yet for flowers so this is the next best thing! I have seen the beautiful box cards that others have made and wanted to make one as well. Here is my first attempt. 
I used Jubilee B&T paper as well as some Colonial White cardstock for the base and sentiment, and Sorbet, Cranberry, Indian Corn Blue, and Olive for the rest. The centers of some of the flowers are from a very old set of compliments for the paper pack Boom-Di-Ada! I added some sparkle with our Glitter Glue in Silver, Red and Stardust. The "birthday" was coloured with our Exclusive Inks markers. 

That's it from me this month. If you are interested in any of the items in our artwork, please contact your nearest Close to my Heart Independent Consultant for more information. In the meantime, please hop on over to Casandra's blog for some more beautiful artwork!






5 comments:

  1. Janet, this is so pretty. Great idea for May flowers! And awesome first attempt...you look like a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute box card. I really need to make one. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pop up box card! I forgot about the Boom-Di-Ada paper - I will have to go back and see if I still have any of it left!

    ReplyDelete