Pages

Sunday, 27 April 2014

Getting Ready for Convention at Disneyland!

Convention is fast approaching and as I go through my checklist, I realize that there are some new consultants out there, or just those who want to go to Disney for a vacation, and have no idea what to do once they arrive at the airport. I put this together hoping it will answer some of your questions.

How long does it take to get through Customs?

The good thing here is that we Canadians go through Customs at our end at both ends of the trip. We go through US Customs on the way down and Canada Customs on the way back, both at our home airports (for me, that is YEG). Nothing to it. When you get to LAX, just go pick up your luggage at the carousel and away you go!

How do I get to Disneyland?

There are several ways to get to the Happiest Place on Earth - taxi, public transit, several different shuttles or the Disneyland shuttle. I like the Disneyland shuttle because, well, it's Disneyland! For Close to my Heart consultants heading to convention, follow the link under Destination on the Convention page in Online Office. Fill in the information and they will email you your tickets. (I assume you need round trip transportation.) The email will have both the airport to hotel and hotel to airport tickets as well as a receipt. Make sure to bring both of your tickets with you. If you are booking for more than one person, you will all be on one ticket unless you create separate accounts! What's that? You are arriving at different times? No problem! Just make a photocopy for the others and tell the driver the others are coming on a different flight. They say the same thing and all is right with the world! At least on the Disney bus...

I'm starving! That was a long flight!

There are so many places to eat at Disneyland. If you are staying in one of the resort hotels, you will have Downtown Disney at your doorstep, as well as hotel restaurants and many food vendors in the parks. Be warned, though - food in the parks is a bit pricey. Check out Allears.net for the menus at the various restaurants so you have an idea of what is available and how much you can expect to spend. Pre-planning is always a good thing.

How do I get into the parks?

Before you leave for Disneyland, make sure to order your park passes. You need to do this about two months in advance to make sure they get to you in time. You can order anywhere from a 1 day basic pass which allows you to visit only one park, to a 5-day Park Hopper pass that is good for 5 days and you can visit both parks as many times as you want each day. I think you get longer passes too but you would have to call and arrange these I believe. I had two 8-Day Park Hopper passes at Disney World in Florida last summer.

I don't want to spend all my time at Disneyland. What else is there to do?

What isn't there to do? Universal Studios is a good bet. Book your passes online before you leave so you have them handy. Also go to AllAnaheimTours to book a shuttle. They have the best rates and offer round-trip transportation from your hotel.
There is also Knotts Berry Farm which is another amusement park. I have never been but I hear it is a lot of fun.
The Queen Mary is docked at Long Beach and is really worth a day! My family emigrated from England in 1957 (yes, I was one of them) and came over on this beautiful ship. Take the haunted tour for a spooky hour, and the regular tour which takes about an hour and a half to two hours.
An hour and a half south is San Diego with Sea World and the San Diego Zoo, each of which requires a full day. There are also all sorts of beaches you can visit, as well as Legoland, and loads of shopping. Check out the Destination page again for the locations and other useful information.

That's it for this time. I hope the information here has helped you with your trip plans. Hope to see you in Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment