Pages

Friday, 21 March 2014

Marvelous Metals - Use Your Stash!

Brads and buckles and hinges, oh my! 

I love adding metals to my cards and layouts! Brads, buckles, hinges - you name it! This month the blog hop theme is Marvelous Metals and Close to my Heart has a lot of metals! I decided to make a few card sets for swapping at Convention in June and here they are.

If you arrived here from Wendy's blog, you are on the right path, but if you get lost along the way, just head back to Joy's blog where you will find the complete list of hoppers.

My first card is based on one shared by another consultant (Sorry! I forgot who it was! If you did this card first, please let me know!). The base is made with Kraft cardstock at 5.5" X 4.25". I cut a piece of Colonial White at 5" X 3.75" and adhered three strips of Dream Pop cut at 5" X 1.25" which I sanded first. The sentiment is from the stamp set It's Just a Number (I love the sayings!) and was stamped in Slate ink. The strip is 4" X .75" and attached with two Sunset brads. I added a 5" X 3.75" piece of Colonial White inside and stamped the second half of the sentiment.




For the second card, I adhered strips of Washi Tape to a piece of White Daisy cardstock cut at 4.25" X 3" then used the Scallop Border Punch to add the scalloped edge. I adhered this to the White Daisy base afterI stamped Happy Birthday with Cocoa in first and second generation on the bottom half of the base. I then stamped Happy Birthday again in first generation on a piece of White Daisy which I cut out and popped up with a couple pieces of foam tape. Then I added three Durables Square Studs to the Washi Tape.




So happy with how these turned out! I hope you like them too! Please leave a message before you hop on over to Terry's blog, the next stop on your journey! I love to "hear" what you have to say.

If you would like more information about the products used to make these cards, please contact your local Close to my Heart Independent Consultant.

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your cards!! The use of stash paper and the use of Washi tape with the metals = awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that if I didn't buy that Dream Pop paper I'd wish I had. Ack. I never did. Love these cards! Great use of metals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards oh just love the dream pop paper :)

    ReplyDelete