Pages

Saturday, 21 December 2013

It`s all About the BLING!! Use Your Stash Blog Hop

Glitz Glitter Gel and Prisma Glitter

Two of my favourite items are being retired from the Close to my Heart product line and I am really sad to see them go! So, this month, our Use Your Stash Blog Hop is honouring these oh, so pretty and useful items and wishing them a happy retirement. 

If you got here from Theresa Morrow`s blog, you are on the right track, but if you get lost along the way, just return to Wendy Kessler's blog where you will find the list of hoppers.

For my project this month, since it is Christmas and I needed a ton of gift cards, I decided to make these as my part of the hop. I don`t think my gift cards have ever sparkled as much as they do this year! 


 This is the only Christmas card I have done with our retiring items, but I love it! And the first time I have ever tried a side-step card and it turned out great! I used Red and Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel on the holly berries and to add a bit of "snow" to the branches. The stamp set is Yuletide Greetings (D1553). I cut the branch swag three times then cut the bow off of two of them so I could add the branches behind the main swag to add depth. The glitter gems are from last years Pear and Partridge card making kit and the paper is from this year's Sparkle and Shine kit.
I coloured the bow and holly leaves with my watercolour pencils and blending pen using Cranberry and Garden Green.
I popped out the right holly leaf and the main swag on the bottom of the card with a bit of foam tape to add some depth too.
 And here are my gift cards. They are all 3"X3" with some having a side fold and some a top fold. I used the little M-sized stamps for these as they are just the right size!

Notice the bows on the two packages. The pink bow is actually Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel that sucked the red from the stamped image. The yellow one is Liquid Glass and Prisma Glitter. The LG pulled the yellow component of the Cranberry ink I used and made the bow a pretty gold!
Materials used: 
Sparkle and Shine paper pack
White Daisy cardstock
Glitz Glitter Gel - Silver, Red and Stardust
Liquid Glass
Prisma Glitter
Stamp sets - Yuletide Greetings (D1553), Santa's Greeting (M1028), Tree Delights (M1032), and A Little Gift (M1030)
Ink - Cranberry and Topiary
Silver Glimmer Tape






Next on the hop is Joy McHargue, so keep hopping to see what she has in store for your viewing pleasure!

If you are interested in any of the retiring items used in this blog hop, please talk with your local Close to my Heart consultant.


Merry Christmas, everyone, and a very happy and safe new year!!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful cards!! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blingy girl! I love the mini stamps all blinged out and your side step card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, love all the little touches of bling,

    ReplyDelete