Pages

Sunday, 15 September 2013

Jeanette Lynton's Vault - a Cross Canada Blog Hop

Many years ago, Jeanette Lynton started this amazing company called D.O.T.S. (Dozens of Terrific Stamps). She deigned her own stamps, and even sat at her kitchen table hand carving the images into pieces of rubber to be mounted onto wooden blocks. Over the years, D.O.T.S. became Close to my Heart, the rubber stamps evolved to become clear acrylic stamps in the My Acrylix line, and those original images were put away.

In June 2013, we found out that 5 of these oh so cute images have been brought out of Jeanette's "vault" and are available for anyone to order as My Acrylix stamp sets! They are found on pages 114 and 115 of the Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book and are only available until January 2014.

This month, our blog hop centers around these stamp sets. If you came here from Ashley's blog, then you are on the right track, but if you get lost along the way, hop on back to Michelle in Nova Scotia for the list of hoppers.

For my part in this hop, I decided to go with the adorable little rag doll stamp set, Stitched with Love (B1425). First, I stamped the image and the sentiment with Black Exclusive Inks Mini Pigment Ink on a 3 1/2" square piece of White Daisy cardstock. When it was dry, I coloured it with various colours of the Close to my Heart Exclusive Inks Alcohol Markers and ink distressed the edges with Desert Sand Exclusive Ink, and then adhered the cardstock square to the 4" square Kraft card base. This card was kept quite simple so I didn't overshadow the simplicity and innocence of the image itself.



I am working on a set of five of this card and will post more pictures if I get them all done in time. If they are not here, then I just ran out of time! Sorry...
Now head on over to Nancy's blog for some more wonderful artwork using Jeanette's beautiful stamps! Remember, if you get lost along the way, head on over to Michelle in Nova Scotia for the complete list of hoppers.
If you are interested in purchasing these or any other stamp sets from Close to my Heart, please go to my website at http://janmccormick.ctmh.com and browse through the online Idea Book, or leave a comment and I will work with you to place your order.

8 comments:

  1. Love the colouring, she looks fantastic. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brandy...love how you colored her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is wonderful. Did you use the watercolour pencils, or the stamps with a brush?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute!!! I love the simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am digging the orange, i love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, Cute, Cute...great for a set of cards.

    ReplyDelete