Pages

Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Use Your Stash - Plain and Simple Does It!

When I saw this month's theme of Plain and Simple Cards, I was thinking this is what I usually do anyway. But then I did some research and found that my plain and simple cards are really not that plain and simple. This turned out to be a bit of a challenge for me! This one is about as plain and simple as I can get!

I am the second hopper this month so if you got here from Rachel's blog, you are on the right track. If you get lost, just head back to her blog for the list of hoppers.

For this hop, I dug through my stash of stamps and decided to create some Christmas Cards. Yes, it is still 4 months away, but no time like the present to get started! Then I realized it is my niece's 17th birthday, so made a birthday card instead.


I used a piece of the Dream Pop paper and cut it to 4" X 5.25" and adhered it to a Dessert Sand 5.5" X 4.25" base. This colour reminds me of Orange Sherbet and Creamsicles! YUM!!

The cupcake and icing were cut using the CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge. I stamped the bottom of the cupcake with Hollyhock ink and the icing with Chocolate, then swirled some liquid glass over the icing and sprinkled it with Prisma Glitter. I added the Glitter Tape as an afterthought because it needed something else. The Happy Birthday was stamped in Chocolate Pigment Ink on the flip side of the Dream Pop used for the card front and then cut out by hand. It was then I realized it could have been cut with the Cricut Artiste cartridge and then stamped. <sigh> The icing and the Happy Birthday are popped up with 3-D Foam Tape. 

If you want more information about any of the wonderful Cricut cartridges that Close to my Heart carries, or anything else Close to my Heart, send me an email or leave a comment here. 

Now head on over to Wendy's blog for some more plain and simple inspiration!


5 comments:

  1. Very nice card :) So how does one participate in this blog hop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew on the remembering the birthday- cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! I love the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the liquid glass with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete