Pages

Monday, 15 July 2013

Cross Canada Blog Hop - Retiring? Who? Me?

Not me, but Close to my Heart does have some embellishments and stamp sets that will be retiring. The July Cross Canada Blog Hop will showcase these retiring products and give you some ideas on how to use them in your own projects!

The blog hop starts in Nova Scotia with Michelle and goes right the way across Canada, with representation from most of the provinces! We have some very talented people! If you arrived at my blog from Terry Ann's blog, then you are on the right track, but if you get lost along the way, just go to Michelle's blog where you will find a list of all of this month's bloggers!

For my project, I chose to do a layout, since it has been awhile since I last did one and I want to challenge myself. And since I have over 1000 pictures from Disney World (where the Close to my Heart convention was held this year), what better to scrap than all the fun times at the parks! SO much fun!! This place is immense!! We thought we could walk from one park to another, but there is no way! Disney Transportation is the only way to get around unless you have your own car.

Here is my layout. I only did one page for this one as I needed a filler, but I am happy with how it turned out. In going through my stash to find retiring product to use, I discovered all I have is the Foundry Pin Clips (Z1612)! LOTS of paper but not much in the way of embellishments.

 
I used the new Huntington My Reflections paper (X7174B), the Bronze Shimmer Trim (Z1849), and Natural Hemp (Z280) to tie the tag from the Dimensional Elements Tags (Z1684). Anyone who was at convention will recognize the layout! I used only one ink for this - Desert Sand!
 
Check out the While Supplies Last section on my website at http://janmccormick.ctmh.com to find some great bargains!
 
Next on the hop is Famida at Get Scrappin', but if you get lost, just return to Michelle in Nova Scotia where you will find the entire list of hoppers!

9 comments:

  1. Love your layout, and can't wait to see the rest of your layouts for your Disney/Convention album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to record the memories and keep them fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to promote retiring products .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much fun! Convention was a blast, wasn't it? Great layout to share your memories -- I always have trouble knowing what to do with those clips and you've used them in a great way here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout...looks like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. great layout... 1 down, how many more to go?

    ReplyDelete