Pages

Tuesday, 2 July 2013

And Another Convention is in the Books!

Back home, unpacked, laundry done, and now back at work. It was a fantastic convention, as usual, and I am really looking forward to next year already!

On Saturday, we started with our final General Session and Jeanette's Q&A. This is always one of my favourite parts! Jeanette is an amazing woman with such love and compassion for everyone. She has a drive that is second to none and this is what has made Close to my Heart what it is today! She also has a fabulous sense of humour and some of her answers to the questions were so hilarious!! I was one of the fortunate ones whose questions she answered and recieved a special little stamp set! Picture to come.

Of course the last thing to find out at the final general session is the location of next year's convention. Everyone probably already knows it is in DISNEYLAND!!!! June 26 - 28, 2014 will see us enjoying the sights and sounds of Disneyland, California! Although I loved Disney World, Disneyland is still my favourite! After all, it is the original!

Saturday afternoon was the final Creative Session and then the Closing Crop, silent auction, and dance! I managed about half of the crop and then had to go back to my room to pack for our 2:45 AM wake up call.

Sunday stared FAR too early!! Bell services came to get our bags at 3:30 and took us to the Magical Express stop for our 4:15 shuttle. When we got to the airport and I saw the lineup for security, I thought we would be there all day! It was a ZOO!! But it was really fast and we were waiting at the gate for our plane in no time! The flight was so nice! Not a bit of turbulence until we got over Lake Ontario. We landed in Toronto and then waited for a few hours until we boarded the next leg to Edmonton. By this time, I was so tired I could barely eat my lunch. I dozed a bit on the plane and managed to wake up enough to get to the car at Edmonton International. But when my husband wanted to get groceries on the way home, I told him if he stopped at a store, I would beat him! So a stop at McDonald's for some burgers and then at the kennel to pick up our pooches, and we were home. By 6:30 I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and crawled into bed after mumbling good night to my DH. I think I was asleep before I hit the pillow! Slept until 6:00 AM!! Then we were in Wal-Mart for groceries at 7:30!!

Now I am gearing up for next year and Disneyland. Starting up a Convention box for all the things I need to take, such as my lanyard and a few other things I wanted this time and had forgotten. My swap cards are already in the works and I am REALLY going to try for the album contest this time!! We have the theme of the convention already so maybe I will be able to come up with some layouts this time!

See you next year at convention!

No comments:

Post a Comment