Pages

Saturday, 15 June 2013

June Cross Canada Hop - Let's Party!!

It's summer time and the living is easy. And along with it comes parties - birthday, family reunion, and just-because parties! Maybe it is a party to celebrate a new baby, a promotion, a marriage! Whatever it is, it means decorations, invitations, party favours and above all, lots of FUN! This month our theme is PARTY! (Bet you didn't guess that one!)

This is a short hop this month, starting with Michelle in the lovely province of Nova Scotia, and ending with Chantal in gorgeous Alberta! So hop along and please let us know what you think of our artwork by leaving a comment! If you came here from Terry Ann's blog, you are on the right track! If you get lost along the way, Michelle has the complete list of hoppers so you can always return to her page to get back on track.

I decided to make invitations and a banner for a Father's Day party, and thought I had TONS of the Later Sk8er paper. After three invitations, I decided to work on the banner and discovered I had enough paper to make eight invitations and maybe 1/4 of the banner. But here are three of the invitations and if I can get my hands on another couple sheets of Later Sk8er this afternoon, I will finish the banner this evening and add it.



I used an older stamp for this (D1497) which doesn't have a name. But it has the cupcake, which is what I wanted! I stamped the cupcake cup in Pear Pigment Ink and the top in Whisper Pigment Ink. When the ink was dry, I "painted" over the swirls with my narrow Bonding Memories pen and sprinkled it with Prisma Glitter (I LOVE that stuff!!) "It's a Party!" is stamped in Outdoor Denim Pigment Ink, and I also sponged the edges of the Outdoor Denim cardstock with the pigment ink.



I am so happy with how these little invitations turned out. I have a total of 8, but these were all I photographed.

I hope you like our little hop this month! Please leave us comments as we all love to hear what you have to say! Next on the hop is Chantal in Calgary!



5 comments:

  1. That is a super fun invitation. I really love the Later Sk8r paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan....now I want cupcakes :) Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great. The prisma glitter added just the right sparkle for that great finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of the prisma glitter! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Perfect choice for a "manly" party

    ReplyDelete