Pages

Monday, 20 May 2013

Use Your Stash - Metal Embellishments

Metal. Hmmm. Let's see - brads, bookplates, more brads, buckles and ribbon slides, even more brads...

If you came here from Tabbi's blog, then you are on the right track!

This month's Use Your Stash challenge is to create a project using metal embellishments. I have always thought I have tons of metal, but now I look around and see there is hardly anything at all! Time to get inventive. I am also one link in the chain of the Cross Canada Blog Hop where the theme is Canvas! Well, I have metal embellishments and I have a 6" canvas, so I combined them for both hops and here is my creation! I hope you like it. Please leave a comment or two...


By the way, sorry for the lack of a background on the first pic. I am renovating my craft room and my photo booth has disappeared. 


My canvas has been coloured with Champagne and then Saddle inks around the edges to give it an antiquey look. I stamped the sentiments with Chocolate ink as well as the bird, which was then heat embossed with Silver Pearl powder. The stamp set is Friendship (D1453). I love the Pewter Mini Medley set and think it looks great on here. I had some trouble getting it to stick to the canvas but some glue dots finally did the trick! 





If you would like to make this canvas for yourself, or would like to book a home gathering, please go to my website at janmccormick.ctmh.com. I would love to help you with your paper crafting needs!

Now hop on over to Shirley's blog to see her beautiful artwork!

 



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of metal! I love that you made metal look elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you embossed the bird with a silver giving it a metal feel. I have always enjoyed that mini-medley set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. Very near idea and wa to get two blog hops done in one! :)

    ReplyDelete