Pages

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Cross Canada Blog Hop - Canvas!

Welcome to our May Blog Hop featuring a canvas project. We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop!
If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning at Michelle's blog. If you came from Ashley's blog, then you are in the right place!

I decided to create something with the 6" canvas as that is what I had on hand. It took me a while to decide what to do with it but once I saw the Pewter Mini Medleys I had stashed away, I just had to use them. I wanted to keep the colour scheme monochromatic so stuck with Champagne and Saddle for the background and Chocolate for the wording and the bird.


Once the bird are stamped in Chocolate, I heat embossed it with Silver Pearl embossing powder (which I think is no longer available).




I love this sentiment! As I was looking for something to stamp on the canvas, I saw this and the rest of the canvas came together!

Materials used:
Stamp Set - Friendship (D1453)
Inks:  Champagne, Saddle, Chocolate
Embellishments - Pewter Mini Medleys
6" Canvas
Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Nancy Klein's blog. If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle's Blog, as she has the complete blog list.
Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects using some of the designs and paper seen along the way. Join us again in June when we will be featuring some great party themed projects!

If you would like to purchase the items used this month, or to see the rest of what Close to my Heart offers to make your paper crafting projects gorgeous, please check out my website at http://janmccormick.ctmh.com.

13 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the background of the canvas! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the distressing look of this canvas. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for your kind comments! As an update, I am going to see if I can clean the sentiment off hte canvas as I stamped it with regular dye ink and it has bled into an unreadable chocolate blob. I want to redo it with pigment ink and heat set it. It I am successful, I will post a picture with the result. I am sure it will look better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your project Janet and sorry that the dye ink bleed. I used the pigment ink and it didn't need to be heat set, I just let it dry overnight before I started using liquid glass to adhere my pieces.

    The use of the pewter pieces really gave this project a nice vintage look! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very serene, i like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had something similar happen. I used a canvas from the dollar store first and found out that way. Yes pigment ink is better but need a block under it to give it a more clear image.I really love this stamp set. Gotta find it again. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a touching sentiment, complimented nicely by your wonderful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the antiquing and pewter accents along with this quote.

    ReplyDelete