Pages

Monday, 15 April 2013

Cross Canada Blog Hop - April

Welcome to our April Blog Hop featuring a Home Decor project of our choosing. We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Michelle at My Creations with Michelle. If you came from Terry Ann's blog then you are in the right place!


For our Home Decor project, I decided to make a welcome banner for my craft room. I have had the banner in my Projects To Do box but never got around to using it. This was the perfect opportunity! But anyone who knows me I don't like to follow directions, but rather go off in my own direction. Once I had the banner finished and it was laying on my kitchen counter, I thought "Hmmm. Suppose I made it into a medallion instead of a banner..." and this is what resulted! I love it! 
Materials:
Clair paper pack (X7166B) $9.95
Exclusive Inks Sunset (Z2191) $5.25
Exclusive Inks Outdoor Denim (Z2140) $5.25
Glitter Paper Black and Grey (Z1829) $5.95
Finishing Files (Z1091) $5.95
Dimensions Banner (discontinued)
Harvest Assortment Baker's Twine - Outdoor Denim (Z1751) $4.95
Sponges (to ink the edges of some of the paper)
Cricut cartridges - Artiste to cut the pieces for the yoyo and the banner, and Art Philosophy to cut Welcome (Artiste - Z1780, Art Philosophy - Z1686) $99 each set

If you would like to purchase the materials used for this month's project, please visit my website at http://janmccormick.ctmh.com! 

Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Kathy at It's a Girl Thing.  If you get lost along the way, you can head back to Michelle's Blog, My Creations with Michelle, as she has the complete blog list. 

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects using some of the designs and paper seen along the way. Join us again in May when we will be featuring some Canvas projects.
 
FUNDRAISER ALERT! Michelle Stewart in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is holding an online auction to benefit Operation Smile. Michelle and other CTMH consultants in Nova Scotia have created some awesome artwork that they are selling by silent auction. Please check out Michelle's blog to find out the details and view the auction items.

16 comments:

  1. Janet, this is just lovely, it is just so pretty, love how you used the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet -- you are SO clever using the pennants in a circular format. I LOVE it! Will definitely be adding this to my "idea" folder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you took the banner and made the medallion. How creative is that. What a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative way to use the banner! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, Janet. You are not going to believe this. I was wondering if could put the "banner" together to form a sunburst (maybe remind Mother Nature what season it is) And BAM!! You make something similar. It's beautiful and very welcoming. Great Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job making the banner your way! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I am so making this for my front door! (Hope you don't mind the CASE!) Thank you for the inspiration, been wanting to make a summer door "wreath" and this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candra, no problem. They say that imitation is the best form of flattery! I am flattered that you think my creation is good enough to copy. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Very cute! If I had a door on my craft room I'd definitely need to case this

    ReplyDelete
  9. very creative use of the banners !! turned out great... very welcoming :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's thinking outside the box....great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome banner! Looks fun to make,too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the inspiration, it is always fun to 'not' follow the directions and look at the great medallion that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful way to use the banner! I'm not really a banner kinda gal :)
    Clare
    http://artsyclare.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete