Pages

Monday, 18 March 2013

Use Your Stash Blog Hop - Something old with something new

Hi and welcome to my small part of the Use Your Stash - Something Old with Something New blog hop! Whew! That was a mouthful! If you came from Cherri Hardcastle's blog, you are on the right track!

I love blog hops and this one is no exception! When I saw that we were to do something old with something new this month, I immediately thought of the My Creations Star from Close to my Heart, but when I got mine out, I found it has been crushed! Rats! I will try to squish it back into some sort of shape and use it another time. So for this month, I created an Easter card using some old cardstock (Lucy) with our new(ish) silver Shimmer Trim!

 

I stamped the peep from the My Peeps stamp set on the tag in Slate dye ink and left it as is. I left the space at the top of the tag for a personal greeting. On the other tag, I used Sweet Leaf and Slate inks. I distressed the edges of the tags with Creme Brulee, then coloured the eggs on the front with various colours of our new alcohol pens and stamped the peep with Blush ink.
 









Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. To see more fantastic creations, hop on over to Wendy Kessler's blog!

For more information on these and other Close to my Heart products, to book a home gathering, or to join one of my classes, please visit my website at http://janmccormick.ctmh.com.

Thanks and see you next month!
 

10 comments:

  1. This would be perfect to enter in my "Easter" Linky Party.Hope you will stop by and link up.


    Tara
    www.craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas "Easter" Linky Party.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you have done with these EASTER cards! Great job! I am your newest follower! I hope you stop by my blog as well....! :)

    Scraptastics1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! I love your site and have joined! Thanks for following me!

      Delete
  4. Awesome and perfect for Easter! he shimmer trim is one of my favorite products and these bunnies are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little gift card holder. Peeps worked well with this project. And I love the Lucy paper packet! Great job, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAt project! Glad you're in the Hop, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your project, I love Easter cards, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! Love the pattern, the papers & the stamps. Do you have directions for making it? My email address is MoiraMia@aol.com.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete