Pages

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Love is in the air!


Hi all! Welcome to my part in the Cross Canada Blog Hop! If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning at Michelle S's blog. If you came here from Terry Ann's blog, then you are in the right place!
  
Last spring, my husband and I had the opportunity to get some photos done for free by a young gal honing her skills, so how could we say no? We met her at Emily Murphy Park in the Edmonton river valley for the shoot on a rather chilly Saturday morning in early April. There was still some snow on the ground and a lot of icy patches, but the sun was shining and gave the promise of nicer temperatures later. We spent about an hour posing and walking around the park, and ended up with about 200 pictures to pick through. The pictures in the display tray are only three of those we selected and my favourites!
I decided to put our My Creations Display Tray to use for this hop. I hope you like it.
 
  
Paper - La Belle Vie
Ink - Cocoa, Smokey Plum
Markers - Cotton Candy (both), Ruby (lighter shade), Sweet Leaf (both), Olive (darker shade)
Stamps - Happy Valentine's January Stamp of the Month (S1301), Jardin (D1528)
Embellishments - Black Tulle ribbon, bulk sparkles, Sparkles Black Flourish, Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel, Arbor Wooden Shapes, Boutique Assortment
Other - Glue dots, Bonding Memories Adhesive
 Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Kathy's blog and her beautiful artwork.
If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle's Blog as she has the complete blog list. 

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects using some of the designs and paper seen along the way. Join us again in February when we will be featuring new products from the 2013 Spring/Summer Idea Book.

14 comments:

  1. I really like how your display tray turned out, the most important thing is that you love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Love the way you coloured the roses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful display tray Jan!! Lots of love went into that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tray is beautiful! And great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice, I love how you incorporated the wooden shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! I really love it and can't wait until we have our renos finished so I can put it up on my picture wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice display tray. The pics are great as well. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My tray sits waiting to get finished... oh this is a beautiful tray. Love the roses and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the square with the frame from the jardin stamp set and the end strip from the la belle vie paper... looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gift to have someone do a photo shoot for you, great photos and love the display tray a great way to display those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! It really all came together beautifully for you! I have a feeling we are all going to miss the La Belle Vie paper...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a wonderful job of showcasing this item. You have given me some ideas for a piece I want to create for my parents.

    ReplyDelete