Tuesday, 1 January 2013

2013 - Hope yours is a good one!

The first day of 2013 and so far all is well. I have two pooches snuggled up to me on the couch but I will be disturbing their nap as soon as I have finished this so they can come outside with me and watch as I clean up their "bathroom". One job I really hate doing, but have to keep the boys healthy!

The past year has been one of frustration, turmoil, and stress, with a whole bunch of fun and laughter thrown in the mix. The DH had a lot of issues as he recovered from his heart transplant in September 2011. First, a 2" piece of a catheter was discovered inside his new heart and fished out when he had his next biopsy. Then it was discovered that he had contracted a virus - plasmotoxmosis. Nasty little critter that sapped his energy and was attacking his new heart! The antiviral medication he was prescribed made him so ill, he ended up in the hospital for a week until it was all sorted out. Took quite a while to get this nasty under control, but he was finally over it and starting to feel human when he came down with another bug! Antibiotics took care of it and we were hoping he was on the path to good health.

In July, we spent a week in Dallas, Texas at the Close to my Heart convention. So much fun! TONS of free product, prizes (I won the new Cricut Artiste Collection! WooHoo!!!!) and laughter! Great friendships are made as well as a mountain of new memories to scrapbook and blog about. I spent a few hours shopping at the outlet store across from the hotel and came home with four new pairs of shoes, three pairs of pants, 23 tops and a new suitcase to carry it all. :-) The only downside to Dallas was that DH got sick. He picked up a bug that knocked him flat! He was so ill on the plane, I had visions of it having to make an emergency landing somewhere so he could be hauled off to hospital! He ended up on antibiotics again and was sick for several weeks.

October now and he has felt good for a few weeks. Thanksgiving weekend finds him sick again. But this is REALLY sick! I won't go into the gory details, but I think you can guess. I wanted to take him to the hospital when after two days he was unable to keep anything inside, but he figured it was just a bug and it would go away. By Thanksgiving Monday, he finally agreed to go to the hospital, where it was determined he was dangerously dehydrated. He was hooked up to an IV and pumped full of fluids and an antinauseant. He spent a week in the hospital where tests were done and it was determined he had Salmonella!! He picked it up from the turkey wrapper when he went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving!! Who would have thunk it?

It is now January 1, 2013 and he has been healthy for a few weeks. Getting his stamina back and feeling better than he has in a very long time. (Knock on wood!) Please, 2013, leave the stress out this time. 2012 was just too darned hard! Can we have a year of no frustration, a lot less stress, and some cash? Actually, a lot of cash. I would like to pay off the bills and retire one of these days.

So to everyone who comes by and actually reads my blogs, I wish you and yours a happy, healthy and safe 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment