Pages

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

We're in Dallas!

Woohoo! We made it! After getting up at 2:30AM to be at the Edmonton International Airport by 4:00, then flying to Denver, spending an hour and a half waiting for the connecting flight, and then waiting at Dallas Love airport for 20 minutes in the heat and humidity, we finally got here at 2:30PM. It is now 4:00PM and I am pooped!! And hot!!! And HUMID!!! It is like walking through hot syrup outside!! I see the pool across the way from up here on the 21st floor and wonder if I can make it there without melting into the sidewalk.

But the hotel is beautiful! The Oriental artwork is absolutely fantastic and some pieces date back hundreds of years. We stopped for a bite to eat at the Media Grill and Bar (Spicy shrimp spring rolls and a flatbread with smoked bacon, caramelized onions and ricotta cheese - OMG!!) and I got some photos of the Atrium area.


Some of the rooms are inside and the hallway overlooks the Atrium. 


This is the Atrium area where there are seats and two reflecting pools. So relaxing! I may find myself sitting here for some R&R.


The Counteroffer restaurant, where I will be getting my coffee fix in the morning!


And this is our room. Double beds, but that is okay. The DH is not too happy about having to sleep by himself, but I will like being able to spread out! LOL!!


So tomorrow is the first day of convention (Leadership Day) so there will be more to come! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks for sharing the first photos of Convention 2012! I can't believe you're not going to let your DH squeeze into that bed of yours! LOL...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So glad you are blogging while you're there! Keep us posted on how things are going. Enjoy every minute of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! Thanks for a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete