Pages

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Leadership Day - TONS and TONS of information!

I think my head is going to explode! Leadership Day was great! So much information and super fantastic ideas for business building!

We started the day with Brian Hollman and all sorts of statistical information about how the past year compared to the year before. Sorry Brian, but some of it went right over my head. I was the one with the deer in the headlights look. :-(

Once Brian was done stuffing our heads with all of his numbers, Christine gave us some marketing facts and figures. All interesting stuff and not so many numbers as Brian had! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Christine!! Love ya' Brian, but...

Monica got her baby fix by carrying around the cutest teeny weeny little sweetheart! I can't remember who she belonged to, but she was beautiful! Did you know Monica has 7 kids!!?? What an amazing woman!! But I am sooooo jealous! Even after 7 kids, she has the body of someone who MAY have had one or two!

We know where the incentive trip will be for March 2014!!! Costa Rica! I am going to work my tail off to earn that trip for the DH and me! Imagine - airfare for two and a week at an all-inclusive resort, all paid for by CTMH! Do we have a great company or what?!

Dana Wilde with Mind Aware was our keynote speaker this morning and gave us some super ideas for getting our minds working in a more positive mode. I took tons of notes and ran out of paper. Tomorrow, I take a note book!

Lunch was so good! A Southwestern themed lunch of spinach salad with jicama (YUM!!) and mandarin oranges, grouper with a tomato-ey sauce (YUM again!), tortillas, steak, chicken fajitas, beans, chicken tortilla soup, and for dessert a slice of Tres Leche cake and pralines. If you have never had Tres Leche (it means three milk) cake, it is a sponge cake sort of thing that has a mixture of condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream poured over top and allowed to soak in. It is incredible!!! And the pralines were way to sinful!

By now, I was ready for a nap. But the afternoon sessions beckoned. Again, tons of information that will be so, so helpful n building my business! Thank you to all the ladies who presented!

I had a look at the pics I took and they are shaky, dark, and not that great, but here are a few anyway.


These great ladies answered all sorts of questions about how they got their businesses going and they keep them going. Again, tons of notes and ran out of paper. Definitely need a notebook!




We got some excellent tips on how to have successful home parties and then...



...some excellent tips from Mandy Leahy and Tresa Black on how to use social media to its full advantage. Facebook and I are good friends already, but although I have a Twitter account, I don't use it as much as I should (so I discovered). I love Tresa Black's videos and now I have the incentive to make my own and post them on You tube or Ustream. I am going to have to get a video camera so I can do just that!


So, Leadership Day has come to an end and tomorrow the REAL fun starts!! I can hardly wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment