Pages

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Flower Pot Card for Mother's Day

Beatte with the Split Coast Stampers made a beautiful flowerpot easel card to be used to hold a gift card, and I decided to give it a try. On her video, she punched a border on the edge of the flowerpot to make it look really pretty, but I don't have any border punches. What to do, what to do...

I tried to use my CTMH corner rounder (did you know you can take the plastic guard off and use it make scalloped borders?), but decided I am just not coordinted enough. I was getting slivers in my fingers from scratching my head when the lightbulb came on! I could use one of our Kraft cards! They are already the right size and have a pretty scalloped edge! Perfect! I put together a prototype and this is what I ended up with. I really like it so I am giving it to my mom for Mother's Day!



To make it, the first thing you need to do is fold the flap to the back instead of the front. Then with the flap part unfolded, line up the flap fold with the cutting line on your cutter, and line up the bottom fold corner with the 1/2" mark. Hold it down and cut. Turn the card and repeat. You now have a flowerpot shape! Decorate the flowerpot as you want!


The paper I used is Dotty for You, and the stamp set is Rock the Block. I distressed the "pot", butterfly, and cardstock on the base with Brown Bag ink and the paper with Garden Green. The For You is from another stamp set that I can't remember off the top of my head (good memory, just a bit short) and stamped in Brown Bag. I also added the three Light Tan opaques on the butterfly from the Mocha Opaques Collection as well as the little plaque from the Pewter Mini Medleys. I will be making another one for a friend who is having a birthday next week and will post step-by-step pics. I will be adding flowers to that one to hold a gift card. I will be making floowers to add to this one too, but ran out of time.  So stay tuned for more!

1 comment: