Pages

Tuesday, 16 August 2011

LOVE these cards!





Convention may be 11 months away, but I have started creating cards to swap. This year, I only had a couple of months and ended up with only 15 cards because I had hardly any paper to work with and little time. This time, I have oodles of paper and embellishments, and I am making time every evening to create a card or two.



I always start by sketching an idea and noting the paper, ink and embellishments I want to use. Then I decide on sizes and note those as well. My cards don't always end up the way I draw them, but that is okay.



So the recipe for these cards:



- Card bases - cardstock of choice cut to 5 1/2" X 8" and scored/folded at 4" to make 5 1/2" X 4" card



- B&T Duo paper of choice cut to 3 1/2" square



- Cardstock squares - 3" square (tear around edges if you want)



Ink edges of cardstock and B&T. Adhere one 3 1/2" B&T to card front leaving room at the bottom of the card for the sentiment. Adhere 3" cardstock square on top of B&T. (Add any ribbon before adhereing.) Add images, embellishments, and sentiments as desired.





No comments:

Post a Comment