Pages

Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Are You Ready?

The weather is getting cooler and snow is in the forecast this weekend. Yuck!! It is only the beginning of October! We can't have snow yet! Not until December 24, and then it has to melt on December 26!

No, I don't skate, ski, snowboard, or anything else. In fact, I avoid snow as much as possible. I would LOVE to head south at the sign of the first snow flake. One of these days. For now, I bundle up and try to stay indoors as much as possible.

Every now and then, I think that maybe I will learn to ski. To race down the side of a mountain as fast as I can go would be a real rush! The wind in my hair; the snow down my neck when I go head over heels; the sympathy I will get with my leg/arm/whatever in a cast. Then my moment of insanity passes nearly as fast as it came on and I decide I would rather just watch skiing on my TV from the cozy comfort of my Lazy Boy, preferably with a hot toddy in hand.

So, as the season comes upon us, the only thing I am looking forward to is Christmas. We do need snow for the few days of the Christmas season, but then it can disappear again. Maybe this year, I will just hibernate...

No comments:

Post a Comment